6 Easy Ways to Find Compelling Content for Your Blog
By Joy Bing Fleming, MBA
Blogging is simply one of the best things you can do to build your brand. Writing in a blog doesn’t always have to be a time consuming task. The main core of your writing should be to educate and entertain your readers. Content means value, and you always want to provide your readers with a great deal of value.
I would recommend that you focus your blog around a topic in which you are passionately interested. The huge advantage of basing your blog around your passions is that it will be fun and exciting everyday. Remember – when you do what you’re passionate about, it never feels like work. However, many people often wonder – “How do I keep coming up with content?” Below are 6 easy ways to find compelling content for your blog.
Use Google Alerts. Simply go to: Google.com/alerts and type in any subject or topic that you’re interested in. Google will send you news alerts when new topics come up about your niche, and then you can pass this information along to the readers of your blog.
When writing on your blog, think about your readers first. Educate them and entertain them. Your goal is to turn a visitor into a repeat visitor. Using Google Alerts is a good way to keep an eye on what is going on in your industry.
- Find PLR Content. You can go to Google.com and search for PLR (Private Label Rights) content concerning your niche. PLR are the rights assigned to content in which you are given the legal right to modify the content and claim it as your own. In other words, someone creates the content and gives you the right to take the content, make changes to it, and post it as your own. It’s completely ethical and legal. Some PLR content is free to use; however, other PLR content must be purchased.
- Use Social Bookmarking Sites. Go to sites like: Delicious.com, Digg.com, and StumbleUpon.com. Social bookmarking actually is the term that refers to users recommending which topics are most popular with them. Therefore, you can visit these sites and find out what’s popular in your niche. Next, you can visit a few of these popular websites and get ideas for blog content.
These sites can also be used to generate traffic to your website. When you create a new blog post, submit it to Social Bookmarking sites. Since Social Bookmarking sites get millions of visitors each month, this is a powerful way to increase the traffic to your website.
- Use Google.com. You can go to Google.com and type in any topic. Thousands or even millions of websites may come up. You can read a couple of articles on your topic of interest, and then write an article in your own words.
- Seek out experts in your industry. Another way to find great content is to seek out people who have already positioned themselves as leaders and have valuable information to share. Go to these experts’ websites. Opt-in to their email lists, and soak it all up. Learn as much as possible. The more you learn, the more content you’ll have to share with others.
- Go to Ezinearticles.com. There are thousands of articles listed on Ezinearticles.com. You can search for articles in your niche. Read a few of them, and then write an article in our own words.
Ezinearticles is a platform for experts in over 600 niche markets who share their expertise in the form of short articles for the benefit of having access to the tens-of-millions of monthly visitors that the site receives. Ezinearticles’ members submit their best quality original articles in exchange for being able to post a resource box, with a link back to their website at the bottom of each article. This link brings traffic back to their website.
Therefore, in addition to Ezinearticles being a great place to find content, it’s also another way to get traffic to your website. Once you create a terrific article for your blog, you can submit it on Ezinearticles.com. Since Ezinearticles gets millions of visitors each month, this will bring traffic to your website.
I hope these tips have been helpful for you. You should be well on your way to creating valuable content for your blog.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!